Monday, June 3, 2013

{Simply} A Makeover: All About A Pantry

We {love} organizing. We {love} crafting. When the two come hand in hand to make another love of ours, cooking, easier--Well nothing gets better than that. I got to spend a day with my mom to give more love and attention to her pantry. After shopping, making messes and getting sunburns from spending too much time outside painting {My Bad}, It was definitely something worth sharing.


As {organized} and {clean} as my mom is, the pantry is something that everybody had worn and used as they pleased. imagine a slightly overflowing recycle bin, cans on every shelf, and too much unused vertical space at the top, yet not quite enough. As my mom says, it was driving her batty. So we got to work.



We had a lot to start with. My mom had saved empty cans and jars, tins and the pantry consisted of a lot of boxes with high potential. But before we started shoving things away, we wanted to be able to see it all, purge, sort and organize. We started by emptying almost everything out.


 


Note: Something that we didn't do that I {highly} suggest is to sort things out while you are emptying whatever you are working with. put them in piles of like objects.


Putting everything on the kitchen table made the project more of a one day project. We skimmed over the pantry contents, looked at the storage she already had, made a shopping list and headed to my favorite place now days, Home Depot.

My mom chose some colors, we picked up a bucket of paint and spray paint and headed over to WalMart to buy some baskets. *Don't got buying baskets until you know how many you want, what {exactly} they are for and how big they need to be. Sometimes we can just walk through our home and find something that may work better than what we would look for at the store.*

When we got home, we grabbed all the shelves and some worn and aged tins and headed out to paint. After some sanding and wiping down, we got to the fun part. 

Forgive me for the poor quality

After this, I went home with a cold and a sunburn {ironic, no?} and my mom was to clear off the table and find a place for everything in the pantry.

There are two other baskets without close ups: Snacks and Pastas

The pop of color and the organized look makes me want to go paint my pantry. Now if I could just decide on a color.


{A}ubry                          



2 comments:

  1. I love my new pantry! Thanks for the help and the ideas, Aubry!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for letting me take yours over while I waited for my own!!

      Delete